Monday, January 26, 2009

What I'm doing now - Back to the drawing board


I think I may have been overthinking my work recently. I started drawing again (which I haven't done for some time) and I find that the drawing style I have works well with the spraypaint on wax technique I've been working with for the last several months.

Something makes be a little uncomfortable with doing figures and busts, though. They are kind of the first subject matter that a fledgling artist often goes after and I feel like I should be doing something more narrative. Maybe, though, this subject matter speaks to people on a basic level and attracts artistic exploration. My gut tells me, though, that this whole spraypaint/stencil/urban/figurative subject might be dead. Food for thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive